- Tony Lenart is the Senior Consultant & Trainer (& International Chairman) of the Institute of Advanced Leadership, based in Australia, and a founding director of the Makerere University Business School’s (MUBS) Leadership Centre. He is one of the world’s top trainers in Leadership and Management, and has achieved enormous success in transforming the attitudes, approach and thinking of employees, managers, and leaders in a wide variety of fields—leading to $100’s of millions in benefits.
- Tony is the pioneer of, and world leader in One on One Leadership Development (a precursor to the popular field of Executive Coaching), and utilised this methodology to help Azarias Ruberwa to become Vice President of D.R. Congo, 10 people to become Government Ministers, and 5 to become multi-millionaires.
- On average, participants rate his training as increasing their effectiveness by 80%. The R.O.I. (Return on Investment) of his trainings normally exceeds 1000%. And his training, mentoring, coaching, and advice have helped turn around companies including major telecommunications and financial corporations.
- Mr Lenart doesn’t merely work with senior managers as a consultant or trainer, but as someone who has also done the job himself. At just 25 years of age he worked as the C.E.O. (Chief Executive Officer) of one of Australia’s largest corporations, with 1000’s of staff, 1200 branches, 46 divisions, and $1/3bn in net assets. Having helped many companies to massively improve their profitability, and helping a number of people to become multi-millionaires in Australia, he expanded his focus to impact the level of leadership practice overseas.
- He has trained 45,000 people in the last 10 years, in programs ranging from one hour to three years. He’s challenged a President, trained 6 Presidential Candidates, 2 Vice-Presidents, 4 Prime Ministers, 5 Generals; numerous M.D.’s, board members & senior executives, and tens of thousands of mid and lower level employees. He’s also appeared on various television programs in 160 countries reaching a viewership of 100 million.
- Average consultants tell you what your company should do. Great consultants identify the most leveraged, catalytic things that can be done—taking into account all of the real-world constraints and corporate politics etc… and help you achieve them.
e.g. Many people talk about reducing conflict at work, or in the world; or about the importance of leadership development. Tony actually went to war zones, with little money, analysed the most leveraged interventions… and implemented them…
- He helped end two armed-conflicts:
- Tony Lenart’s training in 2002 of the top 178 rebels who controlled Eastern D.R. Congo, helped lead the RCD-Goma rebel group to give up fighting and to form a Government of National Unity—ending a war that had killed 5 million people.
(Before the training it was estimated that while 50% of the rebels said they wanted to end the war, only 25% meant it. After the training almost 100% said they wanted to end the war, and the estimate was that 50% meant it.)
Tony also provided the General Secretary of RCD-Goma with One on One Leadership Development. Within 2 years he had become the Vice President of DRC, and dozens of participants had become Governors, Ministers, & Executive Directors.
- In Uganda, our Deputy Chairman used IAL’s mediation techniques to organise 2500 UNRF II rebels to give up fighting and re-join civilian society.
- Tony has written 6 books on leadership, corporate psychology, success, and international development; and co-written 2 books on Finance, Sales & Marketing